Key Messages About Girl Scouts
- Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence, and character who make the world a better place.
- Girl Scouts is where today's girls become tomorrow's leaders. Through activities that are fun and personally
challenging, girls learn decision-making skills and build self-confidence.
- Character, conduct, and community service are core qualities of Girl Scouting. Girl Scouting is an asset to the
community. Through leadership and service, our members enrich the lives of those around them.
- Girl Scouts discover the fun, friendship, and power of girls together.
- Girl Scouts is for every girl, everywhere. Girl Scouts not only welcomes but also seeks members from all racial,
ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic groups.
- Girl Scouting is based on a code of values, expressed in the Girl Scout Promise and Law, that every girl can understand
and apply in her everyday life.
- Girl Scouts of the USA is the world’s largest organization for girls. Girl Scouts is the leading voice for girls and
the expert on girls.
- Girl Scouting is international. As part of a worldwide movement (WAGGGS) World Association of Girl Guides and Girl
Scouts, with members in 140 countries, this sisterhood builds global understanding.
- Adults of all ages and backgrounds make Girl Scouting possible and gain personal satisfaction and growth by helping
- Girl Scout leadership experience engages girls in Discovering themselves, Connecting with others, and Taking Action
to make the world a better place.