Girl Scout Daisy - Click here for a downloadable version.
Session 1, Chapter 1
You have just discussed the Girl Scout Promise.
1. Work on the Daisy Center
2. Complete Pages 10-11 in the Daisy Girl Scout Activity Book
Session 2, Chapter 2
You have been introduced to some basic Girl Scout history. This would be a great time to learn a little bit more. Don’t forget to get girl input…ask the Girl Scout Daisies what they want to learn more about.
1. Visit the Girl Scout Historical Museum at the Girl Scout Shop (remember to call and make an appointment first)
2. Check out Juliette’s Trunk from the Council Office
3. Complete the First Daisy Activity in the Daisy Girl Scout Activity Book, page 16
4. Look at the Girl Scout Founder article on page 24 in the Guide for Daisy Girl Scout Leaders or visit www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/history/
Session 3, Chapter 3
You have just been introduced to Sunny, Zinni, and Mari. This would be a great time to earn a few petals (for suggested petal activities, refer to the Guide for Daisy Girl Scout Leaders, pages 22-23). Remember to ask the troop which petals they want to earn first.
1. Work on the yellow Friendly and Helpful petal (Sunny)
2. Work on the spring green Considerate and Caring petal (Zinni)
3. Work on the orange Responsible for What I Say and Do petal (Mari)
Session 4, Chapter 4
You have now met the rest of the Garden Flowers (Lupe, Tula, Gloria, Gerri, Clover, Vi, and Rosie). This would be a great time earn more petals. Don’t forget to ask the Girl Scout Daisies what order they want to earn their petals.
1. Work on the light blue Honest and Fair petal (Lupe)
2. Work on the red Courageous and Strong petal (Tula)
3. Work on the purple Respects Myself and Others petal (Gloria)
4. Work on the magenta Respects Authority petal (Gerri)
5. Work on the green Uses Resources Wisely petal (Clover)
6. Work on the violet Sister to Every Girl Scout petal (Vi)
7. Work on the rose Make the World a Better Place petal (Rosie)
Session 5, Chapter 5
Cora, Campbell, and Chandra all enjoyed guacamole and horchata.
Feel free to take a detour and:
1. Make guacamole and drink horchata
You learned about good gardening tips. Why not learn some more? Ask the troop what they want to learn more about.
2. Make, visit, or learn more about Worm Compost http://www.sacgreenteam.com/education/composting.htm
3. Visit or learn more about a Bee Keeper
Session 6, Chapter 6
You’ve finished! Here are a few more detours the girls may want to take.
1.Have girls write a letter to current Girl Scout Daisies or next year’s Daisies
2.Play games from around the world to explore the different countries mentioned in Welcome to the Daisy Flower Garden
http://library.thinkquest.org/J0110166/ is just one of several websites explaining various games from around the world
3.Watch The Secret Garden (rated G)
Great Gardening Resources:
Sacramento Master Gardeners
Sacramento Tree Foundation
California Native Plant Society
Modesto Garden Club
For information on bridging to Girl Scout Brownies,
see pages 62-64 in The Guide For Daisy Girl Scout Leaders book.
For more information please call the council office at (800) 322-4475 or (916)452-9181 or
e-mail us at email@example.com.