Girl Scouts Heart of Central California (GSHCC) is committed to the highest standards of integrity in all fundraising efforts and to the ethical collection, retention and use of information on donors and prospects in the pursuit of institutional goals. To accomplish this, the board of directors has adopted the Donor Bill of Rights. In addition, we committed to the following:
1. GSHCC will seek and record only information that is relevant to the programs of the organization.
2. GSHCC's active donor files will not be exchanged with, given to, sold to, or rented to any other organization.
3. Documents containing information about our donors and/or prospects will be carefully protected by GSHCC, and will be irrevocably destroyed when no longer needed.
4. Information on our partners (i.e. our mailing list or donor records) is only given to persons who need such information to perform their assigned duties for GSHCC. This includes companies who prepare mailings, analyze and append data, visit donors on our behalf, or other uses related to the fulfillment of GSHCC purposes.
5. Any documents containing information on donors or prospects that is used outside of GSHCC offices will be marked "Confidential."
6. Any outside source receiving GSHCC's mailing list must agree to the terms of GSHCC's data use agreement policy, which states that:
- The names and addresses contained in the data file will only be used for the specified project;
- The electronic file will not be forwarded to any person other than for the purpose of completing the agreed-upon project;
- No archival paper or electronic copies of the data file will be made before, during or after execution of the project;
- The file containing the names and addresses will be irrevocably destroyed after completion of the project; and
- All data or medium (i.e. magnetic tapes) that is not irrevocably used in the course of completing the project will be returned in a timely manner.
GSHCC is under the assumption that any donor or donor prospect has the right to review his or her record maintained by our organization.