Internet Safety Pledge
Girl Scouts Heart of Central California
- Traveling through cyberspace can be fun, but like any trip you take you have to "Be Prepared" for unforeseen things. So, read this before you go any further. Then print this page out and discuss it with your parent or guardian.
- I will not give out personal information such as my address, telephone number, parents'/guardians' work address/telephone number, or the name and location of my school without my parents'/guardians' permission.
- I will tell an adult right away if I come across any information that makes me feel uncomfortable.
- I will never agree to get together with someone I "meet" online without first checking with my parents/guardians. If my parents/guardians agree to the meeting, I will be sure that it is in a public place and bring my parent or guardian along.
- I will never send a person my picture or anything else without first checking with my parents/guardians.
- I will not respond to any messages that are mean or in any way make me feel uncomfortable. It is not my fault if I get a message like that. If I do I, will tell my parents/guardians right away so that they can contact the online service.
- I will talk with my parents/guardians so that we can set up rules for going online. We will decide upon the time of day that I can be online, the length of time I can be online, and appropriate areas for me to visit. I will not access other areas or break these rules without their permission.
Source: National Center for Missing & Exploited Children