Girls Leading Our Way
Girl Scouts Heart of Central California (GSHCC) presents the launch of Girls Leading Our Way (GLOW) 2.0 on Saturday September 14, 2019. This conference will empower high school girls to step into leadership roles to drive change in the world. At GLOW girls will add to their leadership toolkits, share ideas and network with one another and professionals, and learn what’s on the horizon for their futures. This year’s conference will be designed by GIRL’s for GIRL’s; thus we are seeking innovative and motivated high school girls to sit on the Girl GLOW Team to helps us plan this exciting event.
From January 2019 until September 2019, this group of 10 Senior and Ambassador Girls from across the Girl Scouts Heart of Central California council will provide input on all areas of the event; design and execute the experience for their sister Girl Scouts; and contribute to specific areas such as: marketing, event logistics, learning sessions, activities, and more. Girls will attend monthly meetings, contribute to discussions, perform research in their home communities, and work with their assigned team on specific tasks. Each girl will build organizational and leadership skills; have the opportunity to learn about careers; interact with various professionals and guest speakers; and learn the ins and outs of executing a large-scale event. As well as earn requirements for their Rose Award!
- Currently enrolled in 9th – 12th grade
- Currently registered as a Girl Scout
- Genuine interest in taking on a leadership role
- Ability to communicate with peers and with adults
- Ability to work well independently and on a team
- Committed to using technology as a platform for research and communication
- Available to commit to and attend monthly in-person meetings
- Ability to attend event on 9/14/19
- Meetings will be held tentatively on the third Friday of the
- This can be determined by the group once it is selected.
- Consistently contribute feedback on various digital platforms.
- Actively participate in all scheduled meetings
with other team members
- Girls can miss no more than two meetings with advance notice of your absence.
- Work in groups and independently to complete and present research and tasks.
- Come up with innovative ideas that other high school girls would want to partake in.
- Design and execute the experience for older Girl Scouts; and contribute to specific areas such as: marketing, special events, learning sessions, activities, logistics, and more.
Please apply using the Wufoo link
Once your application is submitted it will be reviewed by the council and you will be contacted to discuss your application. You will be notified of selection within a month of applying.
Tentative Meeting Schedule
|Apply for Girl GLOW Team||12-10|