Girl Awards Recognition Kit
Welcome to the Honoring Local Excellence Kit!
The Girl Scouts in your region are active servant leaders that are working hard to make a difference in their communities. The materials found here will help to recognize them for their incredible achievements. These materials are designed to streamline the process of recognizing and rewarding Higher Awards earners in your region and help your girls gain the recognition they deserve for the accomplishments they have worked so hard for.
In the Girl Awards Recognition Kit you will find:
- Local Goverance recognition strategies
- SU Team Congratulations letter templates
- Tracking Sheet templates (so your SU can track which girls earn awards, hours, served, etc.
- Budget Template
- Shop order processes - and gift suggestions!
- Certificate Templates
- Ceremony Script
- Letter template for releases to local news
- An outline of the significance of the awards
- A form that you can send to the council to let us know when your girls are featured in local media - so we can spread the word!
The council recognizes all Gold Award and Rose Award Girl Scouts in June, and all Silver Award Girl Scouts in December. Girls who have earned these recognitions will receive their pins at this time.
The resources on this page are designed to simplify the process of starting your own service unit recognition ceremony. Girls who earn higher awards complete amazing projects that truly change lives and make a difference - and it’s our job to celebrate them and encourage their successes!
SU Team Congratulations letter templates
Tracking Sheet templates
Ceremony Budget Template