The Girl Scouts Way:
Helping Communities through COVID-19
Thanks to all girls, families and volunteers who are making a difference in our communities during this crisis. Here is a partial list of organizations that need your help. As always, we recommend you follow all safety precautions to give your assistance.
Have a suggestion of another organization who needs help? Contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll be sure to add it.
- Find a local food bank through littlefreepantry.org or Feeding America
- Sacramento Food Bank
- Stockton/San Joaquin Emergency Food Bank
- Second Harvest Food Bank Modesto
- Modesto Love Center
- Yolo Food Bank
- Placer Food Bank
- Food Bank of Nevada County
- Food Bank of El Dorado County
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Consider sending letters, cards, emails or drawings to senior citizens at retirement homes or centers. It is not recommended to visit at this time, but it is a nice gesture to send them notes.
- Do you have a neighbor or family member who lives alone? Take some time to call or video chat with them.
- Consider sending cards of thanks to healthcare workers who are working around the clock to keep our communities healthy and safe.
- Send messages of care and hope to your community through sidewalk chalk/art.
- Take some time to get creative to best help your community, but always make health and safety your first priorities.
- Take Action: Face Masks for Local Health Care Professionals.