The Girl Scout Way:
Helping Communities through COVID-19
Thanks to all the girls, families, and volunteers making a difference in our communities during this crisis. Here is a partial list of organizations that need your help. As always, we recommend you follow all safety precautions to give your assistance.
Know another local organization that needs help? Contact us at email@example.com, and we’ll add it to the list.
- Find a local food bank through littlefreepantry.org or Feeding America
- Sacramento Food Bank
- Stockton/San Joaquin Emergency Food Bank
- Second Harvest Food Bank Modesto
- Modesto Love Center
- Yolo Food Bank
- Placer Food Bank
- Food Bank of Nevada County
- Food Bank of El Dorado County
Other Ways to Get Involved
- Send letters, cards, emails, or drawings to senior citizens at retirement homes or centers. It is not recommended to visit at this time, but it is a nice gesture to send them notes.
- Do you have a neighbor or family member who lives alone? Take some time to call or video chat with them.
- Consider sending cards of thanks to healthcare workers, who are working around the clock to keep our communities healthy and safe.
- Send messages of care and hope to your community through sidewalk chalk art.
- Take some time to get creative to best help your community, but always make health and safety your first priorities.
- Take Action: Face Masks for Local Health Care Professionals.