Board of Directors
The Board consists of 17-25 volunteers, who serve three-year terms (officers and girls serve two-year terms) and are elected at the Annual Meeting by the Representative Assembly. The Board of Directors develops, manages, and maintains Girl Scouting within the terms of the Girl Scouts charter from GSUSA.
Did you know that GSHCC’s Board of Directors has two girl board members? These amazing girls are an important voice on the board, working to create the future direction of Girl Scout programming at GSHCC.
Serving on the GSHCC Board of Directors offers high school girls an opportunity to learn leadership and the real world skills needed to work in a business atmosphere. During a girl board members’ two-year term, she will learn about the inner workings of Girl Scouts, how the Board influences and supports girls and the council, group dynamics, planning skills, and financial accountability. Board members are asked to attend each Board meeting and participate in representative trainings, fall forums and the GSHCC Annual Meeting. Girl Board members may also be asked to join a Board committee, speak on their experiences in Girl Scouting, or participate in other Board activities.
Download and review the Board of Directors Girl Overview.
Questions? Email the Board of Directors at BODapplications@girlscoutshcc.org.
the Board [2021-2022]
Jenni Murphy, Ed.D.
- Dean, CSUS College of Continuing Education
- Vice President - Human Resources, Design Engineering
Group, Intel Corporation
- Community Volunteer, Retired Executive Director, Aerojet
- Director, Robert W. Baird and Co.
- Vice President, Robert W. Baird and Co.
Arwyn Austin [2021-2023]
– Girl Scout and student, McClatchy Senior High School
Bernadette Austin [2019-2022]
– Executive Director, UC Davis Center for Regional Change
Angelica Balderas [2019-2022]
– Senior Vice President, Entravision Communications
George Claire [2019-2022]
– Design Thinker & Product Manager, The Shop @ VSP Global
Catherine Cardoza Conner [2019-2022]
– Owner, Conner Investments
Sierra Garrett [2020-2022]
- Girl Scout and student, Natomas Charter School
Fawzia Keval, Ed.D. [2020-2023]
– Community Volunteer: Retired Director, Elementary Education,
Elk Grove Unified School District
Robin Kren [2020-2023]
– Community Volunteer: Retired Teacher, Sacramento Country
LeShelle May [2021-2024]
– Senior Software Technical Lead, CNN, Turner Broadcasting Inc.
Lynne Meredith [2019-2022]
– Commissioner, Superior Court of California County of Stanislaus
Kate Reid [2021-2024]
– Director of Event Initiatives, Global Marketing &
Communications, Intel Corporation
– Director of Education, Crocker Art Museum
Ex-Officio Without Vote
Chief Executive Officer
Linda E. Farley, Ed.D. - Girl Scouts Heart of Central California
Nominations and Election Process
The election of the Council’s Board of Directors and National Council Delegates is one of the most important tasks of a Representative at the Annual Meeting. The Board Development Committee, an advisory committee of the Board of Directors, works all year to carefully select the right candidate(s) with the best qualifications to fill positions on the Board of Directors. Only an individual who meets the specific needs and qualifications for a position will be presented as a candidate. Once the best candidates are identified, a single slate (one candidate for each vacant position) of nominees is submitted to the Representatives for consideration.
Nominations are not accepted from the floor during Annual Meeting.
Representatives may submit names of potential candidates throughout
the year in accordance with nomination policies and procedures adopted
by the Board Development Committee.